8.30 - 10.00
Opening of the Congress
10.15 - 11.15
11.15 - 12.10
Panel No. 1:
Independent court as a guarantee of citisens´ rights and freedoms
- Why people need courts ?
- Independent judges and independent courts
- Threats to the independence of judges and courts
- Courts´ duties towards citisens connected to independence of judges
12.10 - 12.30
12.30 - 13.25
Panel No. 2:
Professional lawyer as a guarantee of individual rights
- The lawyers´ role in citizens´ claims and lawsuits
- Attorney – client privilege as an issue of the citizens´ rights protection
- Lawyer – court relationships with parties
- The role of the lawyer in the formal court proceedings
- The meaning of the autonomous disciplinary proceedings
- The meaning of the professional self-governance for the citizens rights protection
13.25 - 14:20
Panel No. 3:
Access to judiciary as a basic human right
- Legal aid for poor. Should income be concerned?
- Court fees. Should they be lowered to make access to judiciary easier?
- Mediation. Should be obligatory in certain family cases?
- Should information about mediation be obligatory in case in which parties act without lawyers
- Should students of law schools learn about mediation?